Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I am only one using file. Won't let me save because it's in use?

I am using MS Excel and MS Word 2007. 2 days ago I had my applications open
and made changes to them. I clicked on the 'save' button and received and
error that "the document is in use. Try again later." I am the only using
this document on my computer and it is on my personal drive on the server. I
have not done anything to the applications that would change what I've been
doing for the last 5 months.

Any help is appreciated,
Jennifer