JSA

Default Copying a formula and changing ONE value...

I have a formula that needs to be in litterally hundreds of cells on a
worksheet. The formula is:

=SUM(E23/((E18/E17)*(1-A25)))

The thing is, the formula needs to differ on every cell, but only in one
place; the "A25" cell needs to change, like so:

=SUM(E23/((E18/E17)*(1-A25)))
=SUM(E23/((E18/E17)*(1-A26)))
=SUM(E23/((E18/E17)*(1-A27)))

Is it possible to do this easily?
Myrna Larson

If the 3 formulas you show go in 3 cells, one below the other, if you enter
the 1st formula as

=$E$23/(($E$18/$E$17)*(1-$A25))

(note there's no need for SUM -- you aren't doing any addition)

when you copy that down 2 rows, the 25 will change to 26 and 27. The other
references will stay the same.

In case that doesn't do it, what is the relationship between the location of
the cell containing the formula and the reference that's to be replaced? Maybe
you can replace the A25 with an OFFSET formula.