LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
external usenet poster

Default How to insert rows and columns inside a single cell?

That is my question.
Thanks.
  #2   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to insert rows and columns inside a single cell?

Unfortunately, it is not possible to insert rows and columns inside a single cell in Microsoft Excel. A cell is designed to hold a single value or formula, and it cannot be divided into smaller sections.

However, there are a few workarounds that you can use to achieve a similar effect:
  1. Merge cells: You can merge multiple cells together to create a larger cell that spans across multiple columns and/or rows. To do this, select the cells that you want to merge, right-click on them, and choose "Merge Cells" from the context menu. Keep in mind that merging cells can affect the formatting and alignment of your data, so use it sparingly.
  2. Use a table: If you have a lot of data that needs to be organized into rows and columns, consider using a table. Tables are a powerful feature in Excel that allow you to sort, filter, and format your data easily. To create a table, select your data and press Ctrl+T on your keyboard. Then, choose the formatting options that you want to apply to your table.
  3. Use a text box: If you need to insert multiple rows and columns of text inside a single cell, you can use a text box. To do this, click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon, and choose "Text Box" from the "Text" group. Then, draw a text box inside your cell and type your text inside it. You can resize and format the text box as needed.
  #3   Report Post  
external usenet poster

You can only merge cells to make it look like this..

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Neo" wrote:

That is my question.
Thanks.

#4   Report Post  
external usenet poster

Using Alt+Enter has a similar effect for rows, but there is no such a
facility for columns.

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Jacob Skaria€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

You can only merge cells to make it look like this..

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Neo" wrote:

That is my question.
Thanks.