Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Quick access toolbar in Excel (Office) 2007 - multiple lines possible?

Hi,

I've just migrated (migrained should be the word) to Win Vista, with Office
2007, and I'm trying to set up my excel so that I can work faster- as I did
in my previous versions.

In the previous versions I had made meny bars that I customized and that
worked better for me with the commands I use most. I was doing the same
with my new Excel, but one cannot make several menu bars any more. At
least, I don't see how. So I tried to put all these commands in the quick
access toolbar, but the toolbar doesn't split it up into different lines but
now I have a huge quick access toolbar wich isn't any good either.

I can't say I like the new layout. Even though I have a relatively nice
screen (large), I try to keep icons small, I try to keep the clutter out,
and now it seems there is so much more clutter and big icons that I never
use. So I minimzed the "Ribbon" because that is total clutter to me.

How on earth do I break up the quick access toolbar into segments so that
this one can fit several (2 or 3 or....) lines?

Thanks for the help.

Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Peter

It isn't quite so bad, once you get used to it!!!
It is possible to customise the ribbon yourself, and add a Tab with all
of the old Menu features.
There are some sites with information on how to achieve this
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm

http://www.nickhodge.co.uk/2007files...miseribbon.htm

http://pschmid.net/index.php

or a free download from Shah Shailesh which works very well
http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/
choose Excel Menu 2003

--
Regards
Roger Govier

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Roger,

I'll give that a shot. From what I understand, the quick access bar cannot
be changed, but the ribbon can. I'll have to go with that, and hope that
that customization will be OK. I'd don't like the bulky icons and such
though. And maybe you're right, maybe I'll get used to the new menu.

Thanks for the help Roger.

Cheers,

Peter

"Roger Govier" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank god for other people who develop addon-ons for such shortcomings from
Microsoft's side. It is really sad however that one has to depend on
outside help for getting something done that Microsoft should have included
in the first place. If I had the time I would start looking really hard
into Linux and alternative software.

Thanks again Roger, and thanks to all those who help in making these
add-ons.