Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default countif (I think)

In a cell I have a line of ticks, how do I count them?

--
Cheers

Stephen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

depends upon what drives the tick. For instance I use a with a font of
Marlett, so I just need

=COUNTIF(rng,"a")

--
HTH

Bob

"Stephen Doyle" wrote in message
In a cell I have a line of ticks, how do I count them?

--
Cheers

Stephen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Or any of these:-

Character to Type Font to Use
a Marlett
a Webdings
b Marlett
C Erilogo
P Wingdings 2
Alt+129 Wingdings
Alt+0214 Symbol
Alt+0252 Wingdings

Mike

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

depends upon what drives the tick. For instance I use a with a font of
Marlett, so I just need

=COUNTIF(rng,"a")

--
HTH

Bob

"Stephen Doyle" wrote in message
In a cell I have a line of ticks, how do I count them?

--
Cheers

Stephen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

depends upon what drives the tick. For instance I use a with a font of
Marlett, so I just need

=COUNTIF(rng,"a")

--
HTH

Bob

addy)

I ended up using =LEN()
Works a treat

Cheers
Stephen

COUNTIF Slim Excel Worksheet Functions 8 August 15th 06 10:07 AM
How do I use a countif function according to two other countif fu. Kirsty Excel Worksheet Functions 2 February 20th 06 12:44 PM
edit this =COUNTIF(A1:F16,"*1-2*")+COUNTIF(A1:F16,"*2-1*") sctroy Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 September 25th 05 04:13 AM
COUNTIF or not to COUNTIF on a range in another sheet Ellie Excel Worksheet Functions 4 September 15th 05 10:06 PM
COUNTIF in one colum then COUNTIF in another...??? JonnieP Excel Worksheet Functions 3 February 22nd 05 03:55 PM