Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Problem with Excel

Hi Everyone,

I am running Office XP. The problem I have is with Excel. When I open the
application some of the Icons are greyed out (open folder, undo, redo, copy
and paste, etc). Even when a document is open they are still greyed out.

I had this problem some time ago and a colleague of mine to me to go into
Tool and Option and to tick/untick a box and it worked. However I cannot
remember what this option was. Any ideas? I have tried everything I can
think of.

Many thanks.

Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Your colleague could have reset a toolbar or two. But that's not under
Tools|Options. It's under Tools|Customize.

Tools|Customize|toolbars tab
select each of the toolbars you want to reset and then click the reset button.

You can reset all the toolbars by doing this:
Close excel
windows start button|search
look for *.xlb
(Look in hidden folders for hidden files, too)

rename them all to *.xlbOLD

Restart excel to test it out.

If it worked, delete those *.xlbOLD files.

If not close excel and rename them back to *.xlb.

This will remove any customized changes from your toolbars.

--

Dave Peterson