Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I remove extra space when text wrapping?

I am working in Excel 2007. I have a column with cells containing different
lengths of text. The control is set on wrap text with bottom alignment. The
problem is that all of the cells look fine on the screen, however, when I
print there is added space (a whole blank line) at the beginning of some of
the cells. Trim does not work to remove the space. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try the CLEAN function

--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis

"chosen-girl" wrote:

I am working in Excel 2007. I have a column with cells containing different
lengths of text. The control is set on wrap text with bottom alignment. The
problem is that all of the cells look fine on the screen, however, when I
print there is added space (a whole blank line) at the beginning of some of
the cells. Trim does not work to remove the space. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

TRIM probably doesn't work because you are probably dealing with a carriage
return character, that is why CLEAN(A1) was recommended. In some cases that
will not work either and you may need to use

=SUBSTITUTE(A1,CHAR(145),"")

I made up 145, what you need to do is find what character is causing the
problem. You can do that by highlighting one character in the blank line and
choosing copy. Then enter the formula =CODE( and paste the copy after the
( then press Enter. That is the number you want to use in the CHAR function
above.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire