Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ash ash is offline

Default Help! Excel 2007 Ribbon Is Missing Add-Ins Tab

I have Excel 2207 installed as part of Office 2007 Professional. Didn't need
to use the Add-Ins tab on the ribbon until now, and discovered the tab is
missing.

I have installed a few basic add-ins (Analysis Tool Pak, etc.) by using
Office Button - Excel Options - Add Ins - Manage Excel Add Ins, but I can't
get the Add-Ins tab to show up in the ribbon.

Is there a trick to making this tab appear?

Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Ash

The add-ins tab is only visible when you have a add-in or workbook open
that build a menu with the old commandbars code or tell the XML to put something there.

To test it open this add-in and see if it is visible
http://www.rondebruin.nl/imageqat.htm#QAT

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Ash" wrote in message ...
I have Excel 2207 installed as part of Office 2007 Professional. Didn't need
to use the Add-Ins tab on the ribbon until now, and discovered the tab is
missing.

I have installed a few basic add-ins (Analysis Tool Pak, etc.) by using
Office Button - Excel Options - Add Ins - Manage Excel Add Ins, but I can't
get the Add-Ins tab to show up in the ribbon.

Is there a trick to making this tab appear?

Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ash ash is offline

Thanks for the help, Ron. I successfully tested the add-in you sent and now
understand when the add-ins tab becomes visible.

Ash