Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can you change or alter source data using microsoft query?

I have used microsoft query (via Excel) to pull data from my company's Oracle
database. Is it possible to change the data or structure of the Oracle
database using this query tool?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes and no. When you are in the tool there is a setting that allows you to
change the source data but you can not make the changes in XL when the data
has been retrieved.

When in MS Query the last step is to either return the data or edit the
query. Select Edit and under the Tools menu is an option to Allow Editing. So
long as you have permission to edit then you can edit or add records from
here.

If you want to be able to edit records directly from XL then you need to
look at macros and ADO Recordsets (not simple but very do-able).
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson