Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dcauldwell

Default open a non-office file using cell data from excel

can I open a non-office file using cell data from excel.
I want to use data calculated within excel, which I have then put into a
string, to then be used to open the file, to which that string refers.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett

Have a look in vba help for SHELL

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"dcauldwell" wrote in message
can I open a non-office file using cell data from excel.
I want to use data calculated within excel, which I have then put into a
string, to then be used to open the file, to which that string refers.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Woytaz

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:09:02 +0100, dcauldwell
wrote:

I'm using something like this for application VNC. In excel there is
column with ip addresses and this macro (I've created a module):

Sub VNC()
RetVal = Shell("C:\Program Files\UltraVnc\vncviewer.exe " &
ActiveCell.Value)
End Sub

Generally command Shell is allowing you to run other apps