Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default back transforming log10 standard error

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find the back transformed values of my log10 transformed
standard error values.

The mean is 4.5857. I did 10^4.587 which gave me the back transformed
value of 38521.

The standard error is 0.11893. I have realised you cannot back
transform it in the same way as you can with the mean. Does anyone
know the calculation I can put into excel to do this for me?

Many thanks.