Stephen via OfficeKB.com

Default adding certain cells in multiple worksheets in multiple workbooks

Hi all,

Could use some help. I have read almost all earlier threads, and couldnt'
get my question answered. Maybe my question isn't as advanced as this place
is.

Anyway, I have a folder with various named .xls file in them. In these
files are multiple worksheets. A500 and on are all the same in these files.
All files are generated from another file we call "template", altough I
don't think is is a true template. All it is, is a file that we open, click
save as, and save as the customer name.

What I am looking for is an Excel worksheet that will total up say "A500"
in each worksheet in each workbook, and also add to it when another
workbook is added. This sheet needs to be constently updated.

I can manually go into this summary workbook and type "=whatever" and total
it all up, but due to the number of files, it isn't very effecient.

Is there an easier way to total all this up when the files remain closed?
Can I just say sum "a500" in all workbooks in Folder A?

I hope that this is clear enough for you.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ron de Bruin

Start here
http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary2.htm