Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jglinderholm

Default Autosave.xla add-in: how to edit default settings

I use the Autosave.xla add-in. When I open Excel, Autosave is set to save
every 10 minutes and it requires a prompt. I can change that to 5 minutes and
select no prompt. However, is there a way to have it open already defaulting
to 5 minutes and no prompt? If the power goes out and my computer reboots,
Excel does not save, since the first time Autosave kicks in, it stops at the
prompt, which is the default setting. I tried to look at the VBA script
(aboput which I nkow nothing, by the way) but it wanted a password before I
could edit the .xla file.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gizmo63

If Excel is opened, the settings changed and Excel is then closed properly
the new setting should be there next time it is opened.

If it constantly returns to 10 mins, I would suggest a flawed installation
of Excel or the add-in. Have you tried removing the add-in and then putting
it back?

The outside option is that your IT boys have tinkered with a bit more than
the default settings for macro security.

Giz

"jglinderholm" wrote:

I use the Autosave.xla add-in. When I open Excel, Autosave is set to save
every 10 minutes and it requires a prompt. I can change that to 5 minutes and
select no prompt. However, is there a way to have it open already defaulting
to 5 minutes and no prompt? If the power goes out and my computer reboots,
Excel does not save, since the first time Autosave kicks in, it stops at the
prompt, which is the default setting. I tried to look at the VBA script
(aboput which I nkow nothing, by the way) but it wanted a password before I
could edit the .xla file.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Create a workbook with this code in a general module:

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()

On Error Resume Next
Workbooks("autosave.xla").Excel4IntlMacroSheets("L oc Table") _
.Range("ud01b.Prompt").Value = False
If Err.Number < 0 Then
MsgBox "Prompt not changed!"
Err.Clear
End If
On Error GoTo 0

'ThisWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=False

End Sub

Save it into your XLStart folder (so it loads, runs, and closes each time you
start excel).

--

Dave Peterson