Mr. Maz.

Default Excel cannot shift nonblank cells

I have an Excel sheet where I try to insert columns. I get the error that
says that Excel cannot shift nonblank cell off the worksheet. But there are
tons of empty cells to the rigth of my data starting at column BC....

If I save my worksheet I can insert one, two, three columns before I get the
same error again. I save again and I can insert one or two more....

It's painfull especially when I try to do this in a macro. I can't be saving
between each column insertion !!!

Excel 2002 (10.6501.6626) SP3

Jason Morin

The Microsoft KB offers a solution he

Error message: To prevent possible loss of data,
Microsoft Excel cannot shift nonblank cells off the
worksheet

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

I have an Excel sheet where I try to insert columns. I

get the error that
says that Excel cannot shift nonblank cell off the

worksheet. But there are
tons of empty cells to the rigth of my data starting at

column BC....

If I save my worksheet I can insert one, two, three

columns before I get the
same error again. I save again and I can insert one or

two more....

It's painfull especially when I try to do this in a

macro. I can't be saving
between each column insertion !!!

Excel 2002 (10.6501.6626) SP3

.

Gord Dibben

Have a read at this KB article for a possible solution.

BTW. Are you sure the columns are actually blank?

Select all columns to the right of BC and EditDelete(note....delete, not
clear contents).

Save and close to reset the used range.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP