carebear

Default Help!: lead sheet data needs to fill appropriate subject sheets

I have a lead sheet containing a task list in column D which is then
classified to which subject/functional area (in column I) the task
belongs. There will be a total of 4 subject tabs: A, B, C, D. (Note:
There are five functional areas and 4 subjects because we have "all"
which applies to A, B, C, and D). I want to be able to update and add
tasks in the lead sheet (aka "Task List" sheet) and have the old and
newly inputted tasks to flow into the appropriate subject tabs. In
between columns D and I, there are various details that should also
flow along with the task into the respective subject tabs.

Specifically, there will be blank functional areas on the lead sheet.
Also, there will be many lines between an "A" subject before we see the
next "A" subject. How can the "A" tab recognize an "A" task on the lead
sheet and automatically populate itself? I would like the "A" tab to
only contain "A" tasks, omitting the blank cells and "B, C, D" tasks.

Thank you for your suggestions.

--
carebear
carebear's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16415

[...]