Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change data source for MS Query

Hi

I have a query in an Excel spreadsheet I needed to move the data source to a
new location. I have done this before where I went to edit the query in the
spreadsheet & I get an error message stating that the data source cannot be
found then I was given the opprortunity to point to the new location. This
time it does not give me that option. How else can I change the data source
location? Thanks
--
Tony
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Tony,

within Excel, go to 'Edit Query' to bring up the MS Query screen, then
select 'Table Definition...' from the menu. This will bring up a 'Choose Data
Source' window in which you can choose the new location.

Marc

"TonyL" wrote:

Hi

I have a query in an Excel spreadsheet I needed to move the data source to a
new location. I have done this before where I went to edit the query in the
spreadsheet & I get an error message stating that the data source cannot be
found then I was given the opprortunity to point to the new location. This
time it does not give me that option. How else can I change the data source
location? Thanks
--
Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Marc

Thanks for the reply. I went into the table definition & it allows me to
browse to the new location but it does not allow me to accept the existing
files without having to create new table deifinitions & indexes.

The dialog box which lets me select the files has View, New, Remove, Index &
Close buttons. I remember when I did this before I had an OK button which
allowed me to accept the table. In fact I tried creating new table
definition & indexes but it would not allow me to continue. No OK button

I kept going aroind in circles so it looks like I will have to recreate the
whole query from scratch
--
Tony