Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Curt

Default auto calc on, but have to edit (f2) cells to force re-calc..help!

i have a large workbook with several tabs and many formulas. For some
reason, even though auto-calc is turned on it will not recalc cell formulas
when i change inputs. I have to go to each affected cell, edit the cell and
hit enter to update the value. it is not a problem for =sum formulas, just
those returning a single value from another cell. Anyone experienced this
before?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

Try rebuilding the dependency-tree with CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F9

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Curt" wrote in message
i have a large workbook with several tabs and many formulas. For some
reason, even though auto-calc is turned on it will not recalc cell
formulas
when i change inputs. I have to go to each affected cell, edit the cell
and
hit enter to update the value. it is not a problem for =sum formulas,
just
those returning a single value from another cell. Anyone experienced this
before?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Curt

Default auto calc on, but have to edit (f2) cells to force re-calc..he

thanks...do i need to do that for each tab or just once for the whole file?
what causes that problem in the first place? thanks!!!

"Curt" wrote in message
i have a large workbook with several tabs and many formulas. For some
reason, even though auto-calc is turned on it will not recalc cell
formulas
when i change inputs. I have to go to each affected cell, edit the cell
and
hit enter to update the value. it is not a problem for =sum formulas,
just
those returning a single value from another cell. Anyone experienced this
before?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

Once for the whole file. It shouldn't be necessary, but surely MS didn't
introduce this feature for no reason... (I think in Excel 2000, I'm not
sure)

Another way of doing this is for each sheet to find and replace all "=" with
"=".

Do save the file.

--
Kind regards,