Karla

Default How do I change the Font Default for Comment in Excel 2000?

I have Excel 2000 and the default font for comments is Tahoma, size 8, in Bold.
I'd like to be able to change the default comment to Arial 10.
Now I have to change each individual comment and it's getting to be a real
pain. How do I change the default?

Also, when I "Insert Comment", there is a ":" inside the comment and I have
to delete it every time. Somehow the ":" is in a default somewhere and I
can't find where it is so that I can delete it permanently. Please help!!

Thanks, Karla
Max

"Karla" wrote
I have Excel 2000 and the default font for comments is
Tahoma, size 8, in Bold.
I'd like to be able to change the default comment to Arial 10.
Now I have to change each individual comment and it's getting to be a real
pain. How do I change the default?

To change font *size*, you could try this (It's a windows setting)
Right-click on any empty space in the desktop choose Properties

Select Appearance tab Advanced button
(in Win XP)

In the Advanced Appearance dialog:
Click on "Item" dropdown menu choose Tooltip
Choose a font size OK Apply

To change font *type*, try Debra's page at:
http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlcomments03.html
(Look for the header: "Insert a Formatted Comment")

Also, when I "Insert Comment", there is a ":" inside the comment and I

have
to delete it every time. Somehow the ":" is in a default somewhere and I
can't find where it is so that I can delete it permanently. Please help!!

In Debra's page above, look for "Insert a Plain Comment" where she provides
a macro Sub CommentAddOrEdit() which inserts a comment with no User Name.
--
Rgds
Max

Max