Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default csv files using Excel 30-99 rule for 2 digit years

Hi,
We have a various csv files from an ERP system which uses 2 digit years eg
31/01/35. Excel (according to the help) treats these as text fields and uses
the hard coded 30-99= 19 rule and not the windows regional settings
(1961-2060 is our setting). This menas we get 31/01/1935 and not 31/01/2035
Is anyone aware of how we can ignore the Excel 30-99 rule without using
macros etc, as we want this to be automatic for any csv import

Excel 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
Thanks for that info, but it only confirmed what I know. It seems crazy that
excel should treat 2 digit years differently based on whether it is entered
in excel (uses window regional settings) or via a csv file which uses the
hard-coded 30-99.