Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Boon8888

Default Simple question- how to make X axis on bottom of chart

Hi, pretty self explanatory, and probably a quick fix. Basically my
data in my chart varies between -5 and -15 on the y axis. As a result
the X axis labels appear at the top of the chart, and not the
traditional way at the bottom. I would like them to be at the bottom,
and i'm sure it must be a quick fix. Any one know how to do it?

Thanks,

Joel

--
Boon8888
Boon8888's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30647

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme

Right click y-axis; format
open Scale tab and set Crosses X axis at -15 (or -20 if you prefer)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Boon8888" wrote in
message ...

Hi, pretty self explanatory, and probably a quick fix. Basically my
data in my chart varies between -5 and -15 on the y axis. As a result
the X axis labels appear at the top of the chart, and not the
traditional way at the bottom. I would like them to be at the bottom,
and i'm sure it must be a quick fix. Any one know how to do it?

Thanks,

Joel

--
Boon8888
Boon8888's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=509455

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

An alternative leaves the axis line and ticks at zero but moves the labels
out of the way. Right click the X axis, select Format, and on the Patterns
tab, choose the Low option for Tick Labels.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Bernard Liengme" wrote in message
Right click y-axis; format
open Scale tab and set Crosses X axis at -15 (or -20 if you prefer)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
remove caps from email

"Boon8888" wrote in
message ...

Hi, pretty self explanatory, and probably a quick fix. Basically my
data in my chart varies between -5 and -15 on the y axis. As a result
the X axis labels appear at the top of the chart, and not the
traditional way at the bottom. I would like them to be at the bottom,
and i'm sure it must be a quick fix. Any one know how to do it?

Thanks,

Joel

--
Boon8888