Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I turn off compatibility mode in Excel 2007?

I'm working with more than 96,000 rows of data, and I know that Excel2007
will support that, but I need to turn off Compatibility mode? How do I do
this?
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How can I turn off compatibility mode in Excel 2007?

To turn off Compatibility Mode in Excel 2007, follow these steps:
  1. Open your Excel workbook.
  2. Click on the "Office" button in the top left corner of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Excel Options" button at the bottom of the menu.
  4. In the left-hand menu, click on "Advanced".
  5. Scroll down to the "Compatibility options for" section.
  6. Uncheck the box next to "Run this workbook in compatibility mode".
  7. Click "OK" to save your changes.

Once you've completed these steps, your workbook should no longer be in Compatibility Mode. Keep in mind that if your workbook contains any features that are not supported in Excel 2007, you may encounter issues when you turn off Compatibility Mode.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Save the file as *.XLSX (Xl2007 format) and reopen it
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"HaJiggity" wrote in message
I'm working with more than 96,000 rows of data, and I know that Excel2007
will support that, but I need to turn off Compatibility mode? How do I do
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi HaJiggity

In Excel 2007 you be in Compatibility mode when you open a
Excel 97-2003 xls workbook.

Change the default file format to one of the 2007 formats and you not see it

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"HaJiggity" wrote in message ...
I'm working with more than 96,000 rows of data, and I know that Excel2007
will support that, but I need to turn off Compatibility mode? How do I do
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Friday, March 28, 2008 12:29:01 PM UTC-4, HaJiggity wrote:
I'm working with more than 96,000 rows of data, and I know that Excel2007
will support that, but I need to turn off Compatibility mode? How do I do
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Same problem with my case,but it is not workig as per solution given by you all.

On Friday, 28 March 2008 21:59:01 UTC+5:30, HaJiggity wrote:
I'm working with more than 96,000 rows of data, and I know that Excel2007
will support that, but I need to turn off Compatibility mode? How do I do
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

According to Excel help (F1), you can't manually turn on/off
compatibility Mode. Compatibility Mode turns on automatically whenever
you open a file from an earlier version of Excel. If you no longer want
to work in Compatibility Mode you can upgrade the file to the newer
format by saving it in that format. The next time you open that file it
will/should not automatically turn Compatibility Mode on.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Friday, 28 March 2008 17:29:01 UTC+1, HaJiggity wrote:
I'm working with more than 96,000 rows of data, and I know that Excel2007
will support that, but I need to turn off Compatibility mode? How do I do
this?

My solution was to save the excelsheet WITH A DIFFERENT NAME. Then re-open, and save with the old name (.xlsx). Now the sheet is visible again.

Hope this works for all of you too.

regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Friday, March 28, 2008 9:59:01 PM UTC+5:30, HaJiggity wrote:
I'm working with more than 96,000 rows of data, and I know that Excel2007
will support that, but I need to turn off Compatibility mode? How do I do
this?

thank u so much
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks friends it is working

Rasool khan ahmadzai
Ministry of Education
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks a lot
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Friday, 28 March 2008 21:59:01 UTC+5:30, HaJiggity wrote:
I'm working with more than 96,000 rows of data, and I know that Excel2007
will support that, but I need to turn off Compatibility mode? How do I do
this?

thanks Friends

let us see it is work ....
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

just simple to avoid compatiblity mode in excel 2007 open the file then open excel option the same when u have to save a file after opening that u will find convert option there just click on that then click two time ok when u asked it will convert and close the file by default and open also after doing this u will see that compatiblity mode has deen turn off