Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro to generate powerpoint slides

That is what I thought it would do as well. But it does not. When I test 45 links and two of them are broken, on purpose to test. The directory shows up to replace the file but does not give the initial file name. So you dont know which one is broken and from there you cannot replace it.

Marty
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That is what I thought it would do as well. But it does not. When I
test 45 links and two of them are broken, on purpose to test. The
directory shows up to replace the file but does not give the initial
file name. So you dont know which one is broken and from there you
cannot replace it.

Marty

Ah.., I forgot to include the FileFilter arg. Sorry about that!

Add this with the other declares at the top of the routine...

Const sFileTypes$ = "(*.ppt; *.pptx), *.ppt; *.pptx"

...and revise the GetSaveAsFilename args as follows...

GetSaveAsFilename(vList(n, 1), sFileTypes, , sTitle)

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No worries. I am in the office today and I will play with it again here in a bit. Thanks Garry.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I was doing some research on some example code that deals with PowerPoint and copying the source formatting. This is some code I snagged that I am playing with.

sourceSlide.Copy()
def destinationPresentation = objPpt.Presentations.Open(destinationFilename)
destinationPresentation.Application.CommandBars.Ex ecuteMso("PasteSourceFormatting")

The check hyperlink and replace function works great now. Ill keep researching the formatting copy issue.