Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
eaterofcheese

Default Where do I find greek symbols such as theta?

I am attempting to locate the symbol that can be used to decribe an unknown
angle in a triangle, in this case I am trying to use lower case theta. I have
tried using insert then symbol yet cannot locate what I want.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

That's where they can be inserted from so my question is if you select basic
Greek from the dropdown in symbols can't you see it there?

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"eaterofcheese" wrote in message
I am attempting to locate the symbol that can be used to decribe an unknown
angle in a triangle, in this case I am trying to use lower case theta. I
have
tried using insert then symbol yet cannot locate what I want.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
eaterofcheese

I cannot find basic greek, or for that matter anything to do with greek
letters, as an option.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

That's where they can be inserted from so my question is if you select basic
Greek from the dropdown in symbols can't you see it there?

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"eaterofcheese" wrote in message
I am attempting to locate the symbol that can be used to decribe an unknown
angle in a triangle, in this case I am trying to use lower case theta. I
have
tried using insert then symbol yet cannot locate what I want.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

The Greek alphabet is there. Enter a lower case a and select the symbol font
and you will see an alpha.

The fonts symbol, webdings, wingdings, windings2 and wingdings 3 have lots
of neat stuff in them.
--
Gary's Student

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

That's where they can be inserted from so my question is if you select
basic
Greek from the dropdown in symbols can't you see it there?

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"eaterofcheese" wrote in
message
I am attempting to locate the symbol that can be used to decribe an
unknown
angle in a triangle, in this case I am trying to use lower case theta.
have
tried using insert then symbol yet cannot locate what I want.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 09:16:11 -0800, "eaterofcheese"
wrote:

I am attempting to locate the symbol that can be used to decribe an unknown
angle in a triangle, in this case I am trying to use lower case theta. I have
tried using insert then symbol yet cannot locate what I want.

Select where you wish to insert the symbol.

Then:

Insert/Symbol

Select a font that has the extended Unicode characters. Try your default font
first, but the Arial fonts have them, as do many others.

In the lower right hand corner, in the **from:** dialog box, select
Unicode(hex).

In the character code box, enter 3B8. That should bring up the lower case
theta if it is present in your selected font.

Then Insert.

--ron