larkindale

Default How do I get a specific list of rows out of a much larger excel s.

I have a large matrix of data in excel, which is about 20 columns and 22,000
rows. Each row is identified by a unique identifier. I freqently need to
pull out the data for up to 1,000 rows at a time. Is there a function on
excel that would allow me to easily do this without searching for each
identifier individually?
Bob Phillips

Autofilter on the id column, DataFilterAutofilter, and select by your
target id. This will hide all other rows, and you can then copy off the
visible rows.

--

HTH

RP

"larkindale" wrote in message
I have a large matrix of data in excel, which is about 20 columns and

22,000
rows. Each row is identified by a unique identifier. I freqently need to
pull out the data for up to 1,000 rows at a time. Is there a function on
excel that would allow me to easily do this without searching for each
identifier individually?

Frank Kabel

Hi
try Ron's addin: