Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
KRK KRK is offline

Default optimising column width & row height

Hello,

I have a table whose cells contain text. The lengths of the text strings are
unpredictable, and vary quite widely between different records.

To minimise the overall size of the table (for printing) I use 'wrap text'
, and I juggle column width and row height by double-clicking on the
row/column boundaries. This works, but I cannot seem to find an optimum, and
every time I add new records I have to start again.

Any ideas how to optimise the table size please ?

Thanks

KK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi KK,
How many columns of data is involved and what restrictions do you want
to set on the number of pages across when the sheet is printed?
Dave.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
KRK KRK is offline

Hello,

There are 9 columns, and I would prefer to minimise the total number of
sheets of paper.

Thanks