WJason

Default How do I turn cells to a 45-degree angle?

I'm trying to rotate the cells (not just the text in the cells) to a
45-degree angle. I've done this in past versions of Excel, but I can't find
it in Excel XP (2003?)
Chip Pearson

Go to the Format menu, choose Cell and then the Alignment tab.
There, adjust the Orientation control to suit your needs.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"WJason" wrote in message
I'm trying to rotate the cells (not just the text in the cells)
to a
45-degree angle. I've done this in past versions of Excel, but
I can't find
it in Excel XP (2003?)

Roger Govier

Hi

Having rotated your text to 45 degrees, give the cells a Border and that
will be angled as well.

Regards

Roger Govier

WJason wrote:
I'm trying to rotate the cells (not just the text in the cells) to a
45-degree angle. I've done this in past versions of Excel, but I can't find
it in Excel XP (2003?)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
alibild

I am having the same problem. I tried Format-Alignment, but all I get is a
square cell with my text going diagonal. What I want is a diagonal text in a
diagonal cell. I am having the same problem in Excel 2000 and 2003. Any
other suggestions? Thanks.

WJason wrote:
I'm trying to rotate the cells (not just the text in the cells) to a
45-degree angle. I've done this in past versions of Excel, but I can't find
it in Excel XP (2003?)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Desert Piranha

WJason wrote:
I'm trying to rotate the cells (not just the text in the cells) to

45-degree angle. I've done this in past versions of Excel, but I

can't find
it in Excel XP (2003?)

WJason,

You can't rotate the cells. You can only give the illusion they are
rotated. Rogers solution works fine for me.

--
Desert Piranha

Desert Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28934
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=480627

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Following up a relatively old post:

That's fine, but is it possible to have angled text and a straight border?
I'm trying to create a two-line table, with v large fonts in Line 1 and
smaller text in Line 2. In past versions of Excel, I think I've been able to
have the angle/straight mix.

WJason wrote:
I'm trying to rotate the cells (not just the text in the cells) to a
45-degree angle. I've done this in past versions of Excel, but I can't find
it in Excel XP (2003?)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

David

No version of Excel has allowed a user to physically rotate/angle a cell.

You may have seen what you thought was an angled cell but cannot be done.

You can make the cell appear slanted by slanting the text to 45 degrees or
whatever you like and placing borders around the cell and increasing the row
height.

Adding a background color gives an added touch.

BUT.......the cell is still rectangular which you will see when you select it.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP