williejoeshaver

Default How do I save an Excel workbook so that cells referencing another.

I know we can copy and paste special so that cells referencing other
workbooks are changed to values-only but wonder if there's a way to simply
save a multi-sheet, complex workbook that references many other workbooks as
values. This would be ideal for sending out up-to-date reports so that my
recipients aren't bothered with the "workbook contains values linked to
another workbook" pop-up. Any suggestions?
Dave Peterson

You could run a little macro to convert to values.

But don't forget to save this as a new name--it might bring tears if you save
over your workbook that contains the formulas!

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
Dim wks As Worksheet

For Each wks In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
With wks.UsedRange
.Copy
.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
End With
Next wks
'save it as a new name!!!
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show

--

Dave Peterson