Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bdehning

Default AutoFilter 2003 Excel Protected Sheet

I followed instruction to protect sheet and allow autofilter but still Excel
2003 sheet will not give me option to autofilter.

I used tools, protection, protect sheet. Next I selected Use AutoFilter and
clicked OK. But the only thing it allows me to do is Advanced Filter.

Is there something else I have to change that may be set wrong by default
somewhere? I know this should work.
--
Brian
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

The worksheet already has to have the autofilter arrows applied when you protect
the sheet.

Could that have been your problem?

bdehning wrote:

I followed instruction to protect sheet and allow autofilter but still Excel
2003 sheet will not give me option to autofilter.

I used tools, protection, protect sheet. Next I selected Use AutoFilter and
clicked OK. But the only thing it allows me to do is Advanced Filter.

Is there something else I have to change that may be set wrong by default
somewhere? I know this should work.
--
Brian

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bdehning

Yes, I have made sure that all cells are not locked as well as I have got
sort to work when protected.

Still no luck on Autofilter!
--
Brian