JerseyJR

Default VLOOKUP for Zip Code Ranges

I am trying to create a VLOOKUP formula that will allow translating a
customer zip code to a sales rep territory based on a zip code range
table. How can I have the formula compare whether the zip code in the
customer address record is within a zip code range where Column A
contains the Low Zip Code (or beginning range) and Column B contains
the High Zip Code (or ending range)? Below is an example of the table
setup.

Low Zip Code High Zip Code Rep
10001 12001 John Doe

Customer's zip code is 11005

Bernie Deitrick

=VLOOKUP(11005,A1:C3,3)

--
HTH,
Bernie

"JerseyJR" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am trying to create a VLOOKUP formula that will allow translating a
customer zip code to a sales rep territory based on a zip code range
table. How can I have the formula compare whether the zip code in the
customer address record is within a zip code range where Column A
contains the Low Zip Code (or beginning range) and Column B contains
the High Zip Code (or ending range)? Below is an example of the table
setup.

Low Zip Code High Zip Code Rep
10001 12001 John Doe

Customer's zip code is 11005

JerseyJR

Bernie - Thank you. I had the formula all along, but was including the
range lookup of FALSE which was causing the formula to fail. It works
now!