aedcone

Default "IF" "THEN" Clauses?

I need to figure out a formula for the following senario:

I have three columns; Column "A" has is a list of "license" numbers; Column
B Would be a name associated with that number; and Column C is a the result
of a question regarding Column A.

I have a list of 49 plus and growing license numbers associated with
individuals. Data is coming in on a daily basis. The formula that I need to
create would be something like this: If A1 = 18, then put Jim Jones in
Column B, but if Colume A1 = 2350, then put Josh Smith in Column B
Like I mentioned there is a listing of 49 plus and growing license numbers
associated/assigned to an individual...

How do I figure out the formula for this and have it change automatically so
that I I dont' have to type the names individually every time new data comes
in... the data is coming in by way of a questionnaire on a website, which is
then brought into WORD, then sorted and stuff that is left blank is deleted
from the table.

thanks....
Barb R.

I'm assuming you are using Excel for this (even though you mentioned Word).
If it were me, I think I'd use the VLOOKUP function to do this.

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/vlookup.htm