Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to format text 'exactly' as entered.

Text entered into a cell is automatically formatted to Uppercase 'first
letter'. If I choose:format I am provided with choices of UPPER or LOWER or
PROPER but I want to enter the phrase 'eFile' or 'eOPF' exactly as I type it.
Only thing that works is enclosing the letters in parenthesis. I thought
preceeding by an apostrophe would string it but that did not work.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Go to Tools-AutoCorrect Options. Either deselect one of the checkboxes, or
make sure you have accidentally created a rule that changes "eFile"
automatically to "Efile", or something similar.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"huskybytes" wrote:

Text entered into a cell is automatically formatted to Uppercase 'first
letter'. If I choose:format I am provided with choices of UPPER or LOWER or
PROPER but I want to enter the phrase 'eFile' or 'eOPF' exactly as I type it.
Only thing that works is enclosing the letters in parenthesis. I thought
preceeding by an apostrophe would string it but that did not work.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you can't find your way from Excel 2003 commands to Excel 2007
equivalents, try:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...491511033.aspx or
http://www.rondebruin.nl/0307commands.htm or
http://www.computerworld.com/action/...leId=9028 218