Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
ERK ERK is offline

Default Windows browser Parent/Child structure

Is it possible to setup a cell structure such that when I click on it a "Windows browser Parent/Child structure" opens and closes?
Similar to the folders with the "-" and "+" signs of the browser? His means that an entire set of rows appear or disappear by clicking on the cell?
If so, could you please point me in the right direction so I can do this.

Thanks
Erich
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Maybe DataGroup and OutlineGroup will work for you.

See help on that subject for more info.

Or possibly set up a PivotTable for grouping.

Or use DataFilterAutofilter to show rows with your criterion.

As far as clicking on a cell to achieve your ends, you would need event code to
look after that.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 11:50:02 -0800, "ERK" wrote:

Is it possible to setup a cell structure such that when I click on it a "Windows browser Parent/Child structure" opens and closes?
Similar to the folders with the "-" and "+" signs of the browser? His means that an entire set of rows appear or disappear by clicking on the cell?
If so, could you please point me in the right direction so I can do this.

Thanks
Erich

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
ERK ERK is offline

Thanks a lot, took a quick look and it has the potential of doing what I
want.
I will look at the help.

Thanks,
Erich