Rich

Default Addition to Turn cell red if today is greater or equal to date in cell

Hi,
I left one requirement out for my original request. I'm storing dates in
cells in a column that represent future deadline dates. If today's date is
greater or equal to the date stored in the cell, I want to turn that same
cell red and text bold. Or, at least somehow flag it. HOWEVER, most of the
cells are normally blank. I only put a date in the cell if a there is a due
date. The solution provided below does not work if the cell is blank
because it triggers the conditional formatting formula I guess because a
blank cell is always less than or equal to the current date.

So, I'd like if today's date is greater or equal to the date stored in the
cell, I want to turn that same cell red and text bold. But, I want to be
able to have blank empty cells that do not trigger the condition.

Thank-you and sorry I was not specific enough the first time.

Rick
(remove X's for true email)

Hi
- goto the conditional format dialog after selecting your cell (lets
say you have selected B1)
- choose 'Formula is'
- enter the following formula:
=B1<=TODAY()
- choose your format

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Rich" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I'm storing dates in cells in a column that represent future

deadline
dates. If today's date is greater or equal to the date stored in the

cell,
I want to turn that same cell red and text bold. Or, at least

somehow flag
it.

I've been using conditional formatting but have not been able to

get
exactly what I need. Thank-you,

Rick

(remove X's for true email)

Frank Kabel

Hi
use a formula in the conditional format dialog such as
=AND(TODAY()=A1,A1<"")

--

-----