Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Replacing a Table-array with a cell reference in vlookup

I have created a named range. I use the name of the range as the second
argument in the vlookup function and the function works fine.

I would like to replace the name of the range with a cell reference. The
cell being referred to indicates the name of the range. When I do this, the
function ceases to work.

Can this be done?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Allan

Try this

=VLOOKUP(D1,INDIRECT(A1),2,FALSE)

Where A1 contains the name of your named range

Mike

"Allan" wrote:

I have created a named range. I use the name of the range as the second
argument in the vlookup function and the function works fine.

I would like to replace the name of the range with a cell reference. The
cell being referred to indicates the name of the range. When I do this, the
function ceases to work.

Can this be done?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline