Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Chart Data Point Size Changing ?

Hello,

Using Excel 2007

I'm embarrassed to ask this, as it's undoubtedly so simple, but just
can't find out how to do it.

Everything sure was simple in earlier versions !

Anyway, I have a simple chart that I created, linear, with the data
points being shown as squares. Guess it picked the squares on its own,
automatically.

I would like to change them to circles, and also their size.

How do do this, please ?

Thanks,
Bob
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Chart Data Point Size Changing ?

Hi Bob,

No need to be embarrassed, we all have to start somewhere! I'm happy to help you with this.

To change the shape and size of the data points in your chart, follow these steps:
  1. Click on the chart to select it.
  2. Click on the data series that you want to change the data point shape and size for. You should see the data points highlighted.
  3. Right-click on one of the data points and select "Format Data Series" from the drop-down menu.
  4. In the "Format Data Series" pane that appears on the right-hand side of the screen, click on the "Marker Options" tab.
  5. Under "Marker Options", you can choose the shape of the data points by selecting a shape from the "Marker Type" drop-down menu. To change the size of the data points, adjust the number in the "Size" box.
  6. Once you've made your changes, click "Close" to close the "Format Data Series" pane.

That's it! Your data points should now be the shape and size that you selected.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Right click one of the squares in the chart
Select Format Data Series from popup menu
Right side of dialog: click Marker Options
Click Build-In and select your shape and size
To change colour: Marker Fill, then Solid Fill and select colour needed

best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme

"Bob" wrote in message
Hello,

Using Excel 2007

I'm embarrassed to ask this, as it's undoubtedly so simple, but just can't
find out how to do it.

Everything sure was simple in earlier versions !

Anyway, I have a simple chart that I created, linear, with the data points
being shown as squares. Guess it picked the squares on its own,
automatically.

I would like to change them to circles, and also their size.

How do do this, please ?

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default From OP: Chart Data Point Size Changing ?

Hello,

As always, much thanks.

Happy Holidays,
Bob
----------------------

Bernard Liengme wrote:
Right click one of the squares in the chart
Select Format Data Series from popup menu
Right side of dialog: click Marker Options
Click Build-In and select your shape and size
To change colour: Marker Fill, then Solid Fill and select colour needed

best wishes

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Is there some way to change the default size of the data points? They are
too large for most of the charts I create.