Bryan

Default series order

I have some macros that build a series of charts. Some of the charts have
series with the Y axis rendered on both sides of the chart. The right side,
secondary axis, always seems to be "after" the left side, meaning that when
the chart lines are in the same area the right side ocludes the left. How
can I change the order such that the right side is before or behind the left
side?

Thank you,
Bryan

Jon Peltier

Bryan -

You can flip the chart so the primary is on the right and secondary on
the left.

1. Chart menu - Chart Options - Axes tab: check the Secondary Category
Axis (if it isn't already present).

2. Double click primary category axis (bottom), Scale tab, check Value
Axis Crosses at Maximum Category.

3. Double click secondary category axis (top), Scale tab, uncheck Value
Axis Crosses at Maximum Category.

4. Chart menu - Chart Options - Axes tab: uncheck the Secondary Category
Axis (if it wasn't initially present before step 1).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Bryan wrote:
I have some macros that build a series of charts. Some of the charts have
series with the Y axis rendered on both sides of the chart. The right side,
secondary axis, always seems to be "after" the left side, meaning that when
the chart lines are in the same area the right side ocludes the left. How
can I change the order such that the right side is before or behind the left
side?

Thank you,
Bryan

Bryan

So that seems to mean that I cannot change the order of left and right with
respect to each others.
Thanks for the info.
Bryan

Bryan wrote:
I have some macros that build a series of charts. Some of the charts
have series with the Y axis rendered on both sides of the chart. The
right side, secondary axis, always seems to be "after" the left side,
meaning that when the chart lines are in the same area the right side
ocludes the left. How can I change the order such that the right side is
before or behind the left side?

Thank you,
Bryan

Jon Peltier

Bryan -

You decide which ones to show on top. Those go on the secondary axis. If
necessary, switch them in the chart, or redraw the chart in this order.
Then if you want the secondary axis on the left, you switch them as I
described.

- Jon
-------