merlot

Default Conditional Formatting Issues

Hello Users
I am trying to apply conditional formatting to a set of dates. I have
a calendar set-up with days of the year in columns. I have a list of
specific dates that I wish to Highlight part of these dates are on the
2nd table below.
A B C D E
1 7-Mar-05 8-Mar-05 9-Mar-05 10-Mar-05
2
3
4
5
6
7
8

My list of specific dates (below) totals approximately 35-days (is it
best to define this as a list).

26-Jan-05
8-Mar-05
25-Mar-05
28-Mar-04
25-Apr-05
13-Jun-05
1-Nov-05
26-Dec-05
27-Dec-05
1-Nov-05
What I am trying to achieve is for in column C (date 8/3/05) is apply
conditional formatting to highlight cells C2:C8, this is to be repeated
for all 35-day throughout the calendar. Your help would be greatly
appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

--
merlot
merlot's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10955

Max

Assuming your list of dates is in a defined range: List
(list can be on another sheet)

For the sample table posted:
Select A1:E8 (A1 active)
Then conditionally format using the formula
Condition 1: =ISNUMBER(MATCH(A$1,List,0))

--
Rgds
Max