Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I link any new information from another work book

I want any new information from a previous worksheet to appear on a new
sheet...is that possible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The seems to be a contradiction there- new info on previous sheet?- if its
new info on new sheet then you could do a vlook to see what was on the
previous sheet and what wasn't hence new
--
hth

"Jazming" wrote:

I want any new information from a previous worksheet to appear on a new
sheet...is that possible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have a bunch of companys in one spread sheet that are categorized. In the
next sheet they are alphabetized. When we get a new company in I'd like the
alpha sheet to recognized the change in the categorized sheet whewww.

"Jazming" wrote:

I want any new information from a previous worksheet to appear on a new
sheet...is that possible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

ye just using a vlookup should do it for you

in the catagorised sheet vlookup the alph sheet

=VLOOKUP(E6,Alpha!C4:c2000,1,0)

e6= company name in catagorised sheet
Alpha c4 to c2000= list of comapnies already inc in aplha sheet

Where you get an N/A the that company is in the cat sheet but not the alpha

If it helps post post yes in button below