drice

Default Advanced Filter using Date represented as text

I am trying to do an advanced filter using data in one spreadsheet and
filtering to another. The source spreadsheet (called Source) has a column of
dates (Column O, Name=Dates) that are text representations vs. Excel date
formats. I want to filter the data from the source to another workbook
(called Destination).

In the Destination, I have a spreadsheet with criteria (called Criteria) and
a spreadsheet that I want the filtered data to go into (called Data). I
haven't quite figured out how to get the filter to work. Currently, I have
criteria range that looks like
A B
1 Dates
2 =DATEVALUE(Data!O2)B$2 1-Jun-2004

Source spreadsheet, Column O looks like
Dates
05-JUL-2004
01-FEB-2006
03-AUG-2004

I perform the extract and get not records.
I've also tried to simplify the problem a bit by putting the criteria into
the Data tab with no luck.
I have done the extract by first converting the Dates column to Excel date
format and using a different formulat in the but this is an extra step that I
would like to avoid.

--
drice
Frank Kabel

Hi
I think you better try to convert your date values first to real Excel date
values. All other solution probably won't work that well with a filter

--
Regards
Frank Kabel