CocoriteBallGiants

Default How Do I open an excel file without Excel Viewer support

I am unable to open an excel file into regular XP Excel 2002. Instead it
opens using Excel Viewer. Also, even if the file which was sent to me was/is
an excel viewer file, How do I get this file open in regular XP Excel 2002
SP3.? Note, I did not installed Excel Viewer. The file opens using Excel
Viewer. Are there anyone out there who have had this experience/problem and
know of a solution? If so, could you Please let me know.

Thanks in Advance
Gord Dibben

Open Windows Explorer.

Find an *.XLS file and select it. Right-click and "Open With".

Find Excel in the dialog box and select it. Check the "Always open with" box.

Should be good to go.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 07:49:09 -0800, CocoriteBallGiants
wrote:

I am unable to open an excel file into regular XP Excel 2002. Instead it
opens using Excel Viewer. Also, even if the file which was sent to me was/is
an excel viewer file, How do I get this file open in regular XP Excel 2002
SP3.? Note, I did not installed Excel Viewer. The file opens using Excel
Viewer. Are there anyone out there who have had this experience/problem and
know of a solution? If so, could you Please let me know.

Thanks in Advance

Dave Peterson

I think I'd try reregistering excel.

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

====
This should fix other associations besides just the .xls one you noticed.

===
But how do files open in the excel viewer if you didn't install it?

You may want to look to see if it's really installed (and remove it if you did
install it).

--

Dave Peterson