Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Clear Shaded Cells

Is there a way to clear all shaded cells in a worksheet using a macro?

I have received a lot of help from this news group.
Thank you very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sub tryme()
For Each mycell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange
mycell.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
Next mycell
End Sub

If you are new to VBA:
David McRitchie's site on "getting started" with VBA

Debra Dalgleish's "Adding Code to a Workbook"

http://www.contextures.com:80/xlvba01.html

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ed Davis" wrote in message
Is there a way to clear all shaded cells in a worksheet using a macro?

I have received a lot of help from this news group.
Thank you very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Or just get the entire range at once:

ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone

or even do all the cells:
activesheet.cells.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone

"Ed Davis" wrote in message
Is there a way to clear all shaded cells in a worksheet using a macro?

I have received a lot of help from this news group.
Thank you very much.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for the quick response.
I was looking to only clear the data not the shade as the shaded areas show
the user where the data goes.

"Ed Davis" wrote in message
Is there a way to clear all shaded cells in a worksheet using a macro?

I have received a lot of help from this news group.
Thank you very much.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

Dim myCell As Range
Dim myRng As Range

Set myRng = Selection 'ActiveSheet.usedrange

For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
If myCell.Interior.ColorIndex = 3 Then
myCell.ClearContents
End If
Next myCell

End Sub

Record a macro when you change the colorindex of a cell. Then use that in place
of the 3.

Select the range you want before you run the code. Or use the UsedRange if you
want.

"Ed Davis" wrote in message
Is there a way to clear all shaded cells in a worksheet using a macro?

I have received a lot of help from this news group.
Thank you very much.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For Each mycell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange
If mycell.Interior.ColorIndex < xlNone Then
mycell.ClearContents
End If
Next mycell

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Ed Davis" wrote in message
Is there a way to clear all shaded cells in a worksheet using a macro?

I have received a lot of help from this news group.
Thank you very much.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is what I get when I record the macro:
I tried to use xlAutomatic Did not work
I tried to use 3 did not work
Then I tried to use 0.599993896298105 and that did not work either.
I even tried to use the 0 and that did not work either.

Range("B17").Select
With Selection.Interior
.Pattern = xlSolid
.PatternColorIndex = xlAutomatic
.ThemeColor = xlThemeColorAccent3
.TintAndShade = 0.599993896298105
.PatternTintAndShade = 0
End With

"Ed Davis" wrote in message
Is there a way to clear all shaded cells in a worksheet using a
macro?

I have received a lot of help from this news group.
Thank you very much.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I get the following error
cannot clear part of a merged cell.
I only had 1 merged cell that was shaded and even after removing the merge
and the shade I still get the same error.
Can anyone tell me if there is a way around this.

"Ed Davis" wrote in message
Is there a way to clear all shaded cells in a worksheet using a
macro?

I have received a lot of help from this news group.
Thank you very much.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dim myCell As Range
Dim myRng As Range

Set myRng = Selection 'ActiveSheet.usedrange
For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
If myCell.MergeArea.Cells(1).Interior.ColorIndex < xlNone Then
myCell.Value = ""
End If
Next myCell

"Ed Davis" wrote in message
Is there a way to clear all shaded cells in a worksheet using a
macro?

I have received a lot of help from this news group.
Thank you very much.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Dave
I copied and pasted this and absolutely nothing happens no errors and
nothing changed on the sheet
Thanks for your help Dave.

"Ed Davis" wrote in message
Is there a way to clear all shaded cells in a worksheet using a
macro?

I have received a lot of help from this news group.
Thank you very much.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Did you select a range before running the macro?

If you don't want to select a range go back to Activesheet.usedrange instead
of selection.

Gord

"Ed Davis" wrote in message
Is there a way to clear all shaded cells in a worksheet using a
macro?

I have received a lot of help from this news group.
Thank you very much.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Good to hear.

Gord

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 15:14:43 -0400, "Ed Davis"
wrote:

I got it to work using this suggestion.
Thank you very much.

.. .