Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default VLOOKUP return text not date

I am using VLOOKUP to return a date, however it returns the number of the
date, rather than the date. I know that Excel stores dates as numbers, hence
how do I get around this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Paul

Either
Format the cell returning the formula as your own choice of Date format
FormatCellsNumberCustom dd mmm yyyy for example
Or
If you are using the result of the Vlookup as part of some further text
string, then
=TEXT(your_vlookup_formula,"dd mmm yyyy")
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Paul Dennis" wrote in message
I am using VLOOKUP to return a date, however it returns the number of
the
date, rather than the date. I know that Excel stores dates as numbers,
hence
how do I get around this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Format the result cell as Date!