Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cells not showing full text

I use a spreadsheet to keep track of some tasks and sometimes the text gets a
bit long with all the description that is included, causing Excel not to show
the full content of the cell, not even if I drag the bottom margin of the
specific cell.

My work around has been to press Alt Enter to cause a line break (sometimes
at several points of a single task) and this way the text is shown complete.

Is there a way I can avoid this annoyance or is this some kind of limitation
of Excel?

Jorge E Jaramillo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the cells. FormatCellsAlignmentcheck 'Wrap text'

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jorge E. Jaramillo" wrote:

I use a spreadsheet to keep track of some tasks and sometimes the text gets a
bit long with all the description that is included, causing Excel not to show
the full content of the cell, not even if I drag the bottom margin of the
specific cell.

My work around has been to press Alt Enter to cause a line break (sometimes
at several points of a single task) and this way the text is shown complete.

Is there a way I can avoid this annoyance or is this some kind of limitation
of Excel?

Jorge E Jaramillo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What is the length of the text you enter, in number of characters?

Excel 2003 has a limit of 1024 characters that can be seen in a cell or
printed even though you can enter 32767 chars in that cell.

Adding the Alt + Enters increases that limit.

Not sure what the viewable limit is in Excel 2007

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP