Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Numeric Keypad

When I use the minus button on my numeric keypad, "ext" appears in the bottom
right hand corner and the minus sign is disabled. Is this a macro? How do I
delete this? What does the "ext" mean?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ext is an abbreviation of Extend.

It's an indicator that the range you're selecting should change when you click a
different cell.

Try clicking on any cell (say c3)
hit the extend key (- on the numeric keypad with numlock off, or hit F8)
then click on another cell (say f9)

Did you see how the selection changed?

You can toggle numlock on to kill the minus button on the numeric keypad acting
as the Extend key.

fyi: David McRitchie explains the statusbar:
http://mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/statusbar.htm

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

EXT means extend selection.

Turn on your NUM LOCK key and either hit function key F8 or the "-" on the
numeric keypad and that EXT will go away.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

" wrote in