Tom

Default Copy one cell to entire column

Well, Duke, I tend to use Excel as a 'pipe' in which to transfer/convey the
data from one source to another OR to provide some calculations on various
spreadsheets that start out as an idea and end up being an application of
vast significance (at least to some people!!)
Thanks for your input. I'm already part of several newsgroups/communities
so it's hard to 'add' time into an already crowded schedule. I do, however,
peruse the various Excel, Word, Outlook, Exchange, Windows XP, Windows 2003,
SQL, communities from time to time.
Tom

"Duke Carey" wrote:

Blush!!

Well, Tom, for one thing, it's not vast, at least not compared to the MVPs &
near-MVPs who post here and who frequently and gently correct my public
errors. For another thing, there's a staggering amount of knowledge, tips, &
tricks available here in these newsgroups, free but for the cost of the time
it takes to scroll through some messages each day.

"Tom" wrote:

Thanks, Duke!
I never would have figured this one out!
Where do you get your vast knowledge of little tricks in Excel?
Tom

"Duke Carey" wrote:

Assuming that column F has now blanks in it:

Copy cell G2
Select cell F2
Press the End key followed by the down arrow
Move one cell to the right
Hold down the Shift key and press the End key followed by the up arrow
Paste

"Tom" wrote:

This seemingly very simply question has me baffled. I have a column of data
that I need to perform an operation, something similar to '=f2-36161'.
Column F has the data in numeric format. I add a column, say Column G. Then
I put into G2 the '=f2-36161' and then convert this new number to a date
formatted 'mm/dd/ccyy'. I'd like to replicate (copy/paste) this G2
calculation and operation down through the entire Column G. [Column G is
about 15000 rows deep.]
Is there an easy way to do the copy/paste or replicate without copying G2
and then copy/paste MANUALLY down the column until I reach the end of the
data?
Seems like a simply question but I can't find the 'key'.
Thanks,
Tom

Tom

BJ, I have Excel 2003 so this is a tremendous time saving idea!
What other jewels do you know or that are lerking out there?
Tom

"bj" wrote:

In some versions of excel. if the column to the left of a cell is fully
populated and you double click on the little black square on the lower right
corner of the highlighted cell. it will copy that cell down to the lowest
filled cell on the left side column