Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default SUMIF function with text color condition

I am creating a simple addition formula but I want my formula to only count
numbers in corresponding row from text in the color blue(or red, green,
etc.). Help would be much appreciatted.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Visit Chip Pearson's site for working with colored cells.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

See the SumByColor Function.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 18:43:02 -0700, MrWallyWorld
wrote:

I am creating a simple addition formula but I want my formula to only count
numbers in corresponding row from text in the color blue(or red, green,
etc.). Help would be much appreciatted.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There's nothing built into excel that allows you to do this.

If you want a macro, you could use Chip Pearson's:
http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Both or at least one of us is redundant<g

Gord