EDDIE

Default CALCULATING CELLS AS A TOTAL

Help please.

Advice on how to add a row of cells (e.g. a1 - a5) as a
corporate sum (shown in A6) where each cell is shown in
the cell by a letter of the alphabet representing a sum
figure.

i.e

A + B + C + D + E = 15

(where a=5; b=4; c=3; d=2 and e=1)

Thanking you.

Frank Kabel

Hi
try:
=SUMPRODUCT(70-CODE(A1:A5))

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

EDDIE wrote:
Help please.

Advice on how to add a row of cells (e.g. a1 - a5) as a
corporate sum (shown in A6) where each cell is shown in
the cell by a letter of the alphabet representing a sum
figure.

i.e

A + B + C + D + E = 15

(where a=5; b=4; c=3; d=2 and e=1)

Thanking you.

Jason Morin

One way:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(70-CODE(A1:A5)))

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

Advice on how to add a row of cells (e.g. a1 - a5) as a
corporate sum (shown in A6) where each cell is shown in
the cell by a letter of the alphabet representing a sum
figure.

i.e

A + B + C + D + E = 15

(where a=5; b=4; c=3; d=2 and e=1)

Thanking you.

.

Frank Kabel

Hi Jason
just a picky one :-)
no need for a double minus in this case :-)))

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Jason Morin wrote:
One way:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(70-CODE(A1:A5)))

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

Advice on how to add a row of cells (e.g. a1 - a5) as a
corporate sum (shown in A6) where each cell is shown in
the cell by a letter of the alphabet representing a sum
figure.

i.e

A + B + C + D + E = 15

(where a=5; b=4; c=3; d=2 and e=1)

Thanking you.

.

Jason Morin

Yeah, I know. I didn't realize it until I saw your post.
Jason

no need for a double minus in this case :-)))

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany