christo

Default better search: "make worksheet visible"

How come, I enter "make worksheet visible" and I can't find any relevant
information?? It should be pretty straightforward to figure out what I am
asking about and how to do it. Moreover, if I put the words in quotes, many
search engines assume I look for the phrase, not the words separately. So how
come I still get many irrelevant results? Either the search doesn't work
right, or the information it is searching is not well organized and complete,
or both.
Norman Jones

Hi Christo,

Some search engines respond to 'How do I ..? " type interrogation; others
respond (better) with a keyword approach. Google is in the latter category.

Doing a Google Groups search with the 'worksheet visible' word conbination
as the search key produced the following results for me:

http://tinyurl.com/58fo2

A perfunctory look at the results suggested a high degree of relevance.

Conversely, if you are posting to the Excel user groups, 'How do I ...?'
approach is undoubtedly the one to use.

For my purposes, the archives of these groups, maintained by Google, provide
my primary source of reference.

An invaluable tool for use with these archives is provided by Ron de Bruin's
Google Search addin which can be freely downloaded from:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm

---
Regards,
Norman