Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Dan

Default Chart two variables with differing values

I'd like to chart data similar to:

Year 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004
Thefts 75 120 95 101
80
Veh. Mfg. 100,200 125000 130000 145000 125000

I want to produce a chart with the year on the abcissa and with the Thefts
scale on left ordinate and Veh. Mfg on the right ordinate and have the scales
set accordingly.

I'm running Excel 2002. Seems i can't select the Format/Selected Series data
Series/Secondary Axis to set the scales correctly.

I'd like to get some help on this as I think I'm missing something in my
data table, etc.
Thanks,
Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme

If I was doing this I would divide Veh. Mag data by 1000
Enter 1000 in blank cell and copy; use Edit | paste Special divide)
Chart the new data with Legend "Veh Mfg (thousands)"

Or use a combination chart: one data series (Thefts) as columns the other as
Line
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Dan" wrote in message
I'd like to chart data similar to:

Year 2000 2001 2002 2003
2004
Thefts 75 120 95 101
80
Veh. Mfg. 100,200 125000 130000 145000 125000

I want to produce a chart with the year on the abcissa and with the Thefts
scale on left ordinate and Veh. Mfg on the right ordinate and have the
scales
set accordingly.

I'm running Excel 2002. Seems i can't select the Format/Selected Series
data
Series/Secondary Axis to set the scales correctly.

I'd like to get some help on this as I think I'm missing something in my
data table, etc.
Thanks,
Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Dan

Thanks...
I also found out how to use the secondary axis selection...