Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
wil4d

Default AUTO INSERT PAGE BREAK FOR EACH COPIED HEADING

I have a Macro that hides and copies visible cells to worksheet 3, but, I
have a certain row (the heading description for the next page) that needs to
wait till the next page break befor copying so that I don't have to manually
adjust them. Moving them manually takes 25 minutes 2-3 times a day, if there
is a way it would really save me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Not clear from your description what needs doing.

Is the heading description the same for each page or is it different on each
page?

Post your code and maybe we can figure out where to place a pagebreak command.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 15:10:03 -0800, "wil4d"
wrote:

I have a Macro that hides and copies visible cells to worksheet 3, but, I
have a certain row (the heading description for the next page) that needs to
wait till the next page break befor copying so that I don't have to manually
adjust them. Moving them manually takes 25 minutes 2-3 times a day, if there
is a way it would really save me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

And where do these headings come from?

When in the code sequence do they get copied?

Post your code.

Gord

wrote:

I have a Macro that hides and copies visible cells to worksheet 3, but, I
have a certain row (the heading description for the next page) that needs to
wait till the next page break befor copying so that I don't have to manually
adjust them. Moving them manually takes 25 minutes 2-3 times a day, if there
is a way it would really save me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
wil4d

I have been trying to make a template for bidding home restoration.

The bid needs to have two lists of work descriptions with quantities and
prices.

Then any rows with quantities left with zero will be hidden in each list
independently of each other.

There is a diagram and room name at the top of each page.

The problem I am having with the lists being on the same worksheet is when I
hide the rows with zero values on one side it hides the other side.

I have put the lists on separate worksheets and then run these two macros
which hides then copies to worksheet3.

I then manually adjust the lists to get them lined up and move page breaks.

I would really like to have two ranges on the same page.

Either way, I need an auto adjusting page break, or maybe a way to auto line
up the room headings.

Thanks, Wil

Sub HideWD()
Dim rn As Range
Dim rng As Range
Set rng = Range("F11:F900") '<<
For Each rn In rng.Cells '<<
If (rn.Value = 0 And rn.Value < "") Then
Rows(rn.Row).Hidden = True
End If
Next
ActiveSheet.UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisib le).copy _
Destination:=Sheet3.Range("A1")

End Sub

Sub HideR()
Dim rn As Range
Dim rng As Range
Set rng = Range("F11:F900") '<<
For Each rn In rng.Cells '<<
If (rn.Value = 0 And rn.Value < "") Then
Rows(rn.Row).Hidden = True
End If
Next
ActiveSheet.UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisib le).copy _
Destination:=Sheet3.Range("H1")
End Sub

wrote:

I have a Macro that hides and copies visible cells to worksheet 3, but, I
have a certain row (the heading description for the next page) that needs to
wait till the next page break befor copying so that I don't have to manually
adjust them. Moving them manually takes 25 minutes 2-3 times a day, if there
is a way it would really save me.

insert copied cells maryj Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 October 24th 05 07:56 PM
Page Break HT New Users to Excel 3 July 21st 05 07:39 PM
Removing a page break from excel Na'an Excel Worksheet Functions 2 July 13th 05 04:35 PM
page break preview lein Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 December 23rd 04 11:55 AM
slow page break previews chriscrisco Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 December 13th 04 09:06 PM